Library Atrium Open for Quiet Study Midnight to 3:00am
Fall 2014 Internship Opportunity
McNairy Library at Millersville University is looking for a student currently enrolled in an ALA-accredited MLS program to conduct user studies relating to the library website during the fall 2014 semester. You will be doing research on how different constituents use the library website (personas); planning, recruiting, and implementing usability studies; prototyping; and using data to make recommendations for website changes. You will receive a stipend of $1,500.00 and work under the supervision of our Learning Technologies Librarian and Outreach Librarian. The internship can count for academic credit if you work through your institution to have it approved. See below for duties and qualifications. To apply, forward a cover letter addressing the job duties and qualifications to Greg.Szczyrbak@millersville.edu. DEADLINE EXTENDED: June 30, 2014
- Build research-based personas that are specific to Millersville University for use in design and testing
- Recruit participants, plan, and conduct targeted website user studies
- Develop best practice guidelines and make recommendations for changes to the website
- Prototype testing (digital, analog, etc)
Time: Fall 2014 semester (15 weeks, approx. 10 hours per week). Weekly schedule to be determined with intern and supervisor.
- At least one semester of library school completed at the time of internship.
- Demonstrated interest in user studies/usability/computer-human interaction (coursework, workshop, independent project, etc).
- Ability to communicate with diverse constituents.
- Availability to be on the Millersville University campus for 10 hours per week.